Unlike most mushrooms that grow on dead trees, the Chaga mushroom grows on living ones. The medical benefits of this herb had been known through Asia for years. As Western medication started accepting holistic ideas, many alternative medication and health practitioners also started working with the Chaga mushroom.
Chaga mushrooms are loaded in minerals, enzymes and numerous B vitamins. The Chaga can be regarded as a nutritive power-house. A Chaga mushroom is also considered one of the world’s abounding sources of pantothenic acid, and is extremely rich in minerals like calcium, magnesium, zinc and potassium.
Generally a 4oz container of Chaga (112 grams) can be prepared with 1/2 small spoon Chaga (about 2 grams) in a cup of 8oz hot water. But there are other methods of preparing the mushroom.
The steps noted below are considered to be the most known method of making tea from chaga mushrooms:
- Shred the Chaga mushroom’s inner part.
- Melt the mushrooms in cold water for up to 4 hours.
- Utilize a coffee filter and save the fell Chaga and the liquid separately.
- Pour heated water (50C or 122F) over the slid chaga. Make sure the ratio is 5 (water) is to 1 (fungus).
- Let it stand for as much as 48 hours at 70 degrees.
- Filter this new blend and add the water prepared in step 3.
- This batch can be employed inside 4 days consuming 3 glasses at eight hour intervals per day.
Another method shows the best way to store chaga mushrooms to last for extended periods:
- Take away the black outer part of the chaga mushroom using a chisel. Leaving the chaga attached to the tree is suggested while doing this.
- Cut the chaga into cubes, preferably at about an inch.
- Dry the chaga mushroom cubes at about 105 F employing a dehydrator.
- When the mushrooms are absolutely dry, stick ‘em in an air-tight container. The mushrooms can now be stored for years for future consumption.
To utilize the Chaga:
- Boil 8 liters or 2 gallons of water.
- Let the water.
- Put 3 to 4 fistfuls of the mushrooms into the water.
- Cover the pot. Let stand for as much as 48hours.
- Strain the liquid and keep in fridge.
- The Chaga cubes can be used twice after the 1st use.
Common belief announces that boiling the Chaga mushroom releases more cancer fighting ingredients. So , most people, as a final step, boils the chaga mushroom cubes to get every single bit of goodness.
Brandon Gilbert is an herbal expert, teacher, and avid blogger who has dedicated his to constant learning and education. You can find out more about Chaga Mushroom checking out this article on how chaga mushroom benefits the body in a plethora of ways.